The president of the European Network of Cities and Regions visits the Barka Network in Poland.
Jan Olsson, Presiden of REVES visits BARKA POLAND
From the 16th to the 18th of January 2012, the Barka Network in Poland is hosting Jan Olsson, the president of the European Network of Cities and Regions for the Social Economy (REVES) and a member of the European Economic and Social Committee (SE). Mr. Olsson has visited the Barka Network’s projects in Wielkopolska, and will take part in workshops for mutual initiatives of the social economy in cooperation between Barka and the REVES Network – in particular in creating public-private partnerships in local communities.
The REVES Network’s mission is
- establish a dialogue with the European and international Institutions in order to create positive conditions for the development of social and solidarity based-economy
- develop social responsibility and exchange expertise and know-how, and to implement innovation in the fields of inclusion, participation and empowerment of local communities
- educate and communicate the contribution of social economy-based partnership for more solidarity-based communities
- be a laboratory for innovation in social policies and to support their dissemination in all territories
- Cooperate and create synergies with other national, European and international networks and to complement them pursue these objectives in Europe and at international level with a view to territorial cohesion, international solidarity, promotion of equal opportunity and north-south cooperation
- capitalize on its own and members experiences in the different fields of interest and make them available to all members