Social Economy Centre News
SEC December 2011 summary for City and Tower Hamlets:
*SEC has been working with 31 clients in total from beginning of second year of our project
*there were 2 new referrals and 21 active client using our services;
* 3 clients have been in employment;
* 12 clients have had stable accommodation and 1 person moved in to private rented house;
* we helped 11 people to search for new employment opportunities;
* 1 client has been helped to apply for new passport;
* 1 client was supported with disability living allowance claim (DLA);
SEC had 164 contacts with clients in December. We delivered 51 job support sessions and interviews, 20 meetings were held for legal advice, 14 therapeutic sessions, 5 accommodation sessions.
SEC December 2011 summary for Lambeth:
*SEC has been working with 10 clients since our operation started in Lambeth
*there was 3 new referrals to SEC program and 9 active client using our services;
*1 client has started new job in December and we helped him to find private accommodation;
*1 client has been helped to apply for new passport;
*SEC assisted 1 client to open bank account;
*1 client applied for NIN confirmation from DWP;
*SEC has helped 1 client to complete 5 tax returns to HMRC for self-employed person within construction industry.
SEC completed 45 sessions in total: 2 therapy sessions, 11 job support sessions and7 legal advice sessions. We supported 3 people who taken necessary steps to start to look for employment.