Barka UK’s Free helpline for the citizens of Central and Eastern Europe
We are pleased to announce that Barka UK has initiated the operation of a new free information and confidentiality telephone line for the citizens of Central and Eastern Europe (A10 nationals from – Poland, Czech Republic Hungary, Latvia, Lithuania, Estonia, Slovakia, Slovenia, Romania, and Bulgaria) who are in the most entrenched social situations.
Barka UK’s free telephone line number: 0800 171 2926
Line’s operating hours: 9.00 – 14.00 (Monday, Tuesday, Thursday, and Friday)
The service is provided in: Polish, Russian, and English languages
Within this service Barka UK will provide advice on issues such as:
– General information on life and the employment situation in the United Kingdom
– Advice on employment and labour market integration
– Social benefits
– Social insurance
– Legal and administrative advice
– Information on the operating of day centres and hostels
– Information on the operating of Alcoholics Anonymous (AA) and Anonymous Narcotics (AN) groups
– Information on organisations supporting A10 nationals
Please note, that the number is free if you are calling from a landline, however if you are calling from a mobile phone standard charges apply. (In case of calling from a mobile phone please omit the first ‘0’ in the number).
Thank you and welcome to our new service.