Social Economy Centre News- March 2012
SEC March 2012 summary for City and Tower Hamlets:
* SEC has been working with 37 clients in total from beginning of second year of our project;
* There was 1 new referral and 12 active client using available services;
* 7 clients have had stable long-term accommodation;
* Most of the beneficiaries were looking for work and 2 working permanently;
*SEC made 4 referrals to partner organisations;
*1 client was helped to open bank account;
* SEC booked 1 appointment for NIN;
* There were 3 application made for supported housing;
* 1 beneficiary signed up for CAD course.
In March SEC had 170 contacts with their beneficiaries. Our clients attended 27 therapeutic and support sessions, they were helped to look for employment during 25 job search activities and also helped with 26 legal advice sessions. There was 1 person who graduated from SEC program at the end of March.
SEC March 2012 summary for Lambeth:
* SEC has been working with 17clients since our operation started in Lambeth;
* There were 3 new referrals to SEC program;
*1 client was helped to apply for passport;
*SEC booked 1 appointment for NIN;
* 2 beneficiaries applied for UK driving licenses and 2 applied for CSCS certificates;
* 1 client applied for Jobseeker Allowance and another one for Employment and Support Allowance;
*There was 1 application made for supported housing;
SEC completed 150 sessions in total and among them: 21 therapy sessions, 12 accommodation sessions, arranged 1 interview, 20 job support sessions and 20 general legal sessions. We supported 1 person to sign up with accommodation agencies scheme to get supported housing. We decided to close files for 5 beneficiaries who are not active users and 1 person was graduated from our employment project.