Social Economy Centre News
SEC May 2012 summary for London / except Lambeth:
Social Economy Centre program of Barka UK has started third year of operation. We had extended our services for beneficiaries across whole London area.
* SEC has been working with 15 clients in total from beginning of third year of our project;
* there were 6 new referrals and 13 active client using available services;
* 6 beneficiaries have had stable long-term accommodation;
* 9 people were actively looking for work this month;
* SEC made 5 referrals to partner organization for accommodation support;
* 2 clients has started to prepare for CSCS exam;
* SEC completed 4 self-assessments, 2 Jobseeker allowance applications and assisted one person for housing benefit claim;
In May SEC had 224 contacts with their beneficiaries. Our clients attended 13 therapeutic and support sessions. Also we completed 18 accommodation sessions, 27 legal support sessions, 51 job support sessions and our beneficiaries had 7 interviews. There were 2 people who left our program because they were not actively participating and using services.
SEC May 2012 summary for Lambeth:
* SEC has been working with 7 clients since our operation started in Lambeth;
* there was 1 new referral and 6 active client using available services;
* 1 client was helped to complete tax return for year 2011/2012 and one applied for Jobseeker Allowance;
* SEC assisted 3 people claiming Employment Support Allowance and Disability Living Allowance;
* we referred 1 beneficiary to partner organization for accommodation support;
SEC has completed 92 sessions in total for Lambeth clients. We managed to deliver 8 support sessions, 7 accommodation sessions, arranged 12 job support sessions and 16 contacts for general legal advice. There was 1 person who has left SEC program in May.