Social Economy Centre News
SEC January 2012 summary for City and Tower Hamlets:
* SEC has been working with 32 clients in total from beginning of second year of our project;
* there was 1 new referral and 18 active beneficiaries;
* 4 clients have been in employment;
* 11 clients have had stable accommodation;
* we helped 10 people to search for new employment opportunities and one person took permanent job;
* 1 client has been helped to open bank account;
* 1 client was supported with late tax return to HMRC;
* 1 client claimed JSA, one Pension Credit and we renewed one DLA claim.
SEC had 171 contacts with clients in January 2012. We delivered 44 job support sessions and arranged 1 interview which resulted in signed contract with employer. There were 25 therapeutic sessions, 17 meetings for legal advice and 8 accommodation sessions with our cooperating partners helping to organize housing for SEC participants. There were 2 people who have left our program.
SEC January 2012 summary for Lambeth:
* SEC has been working with 11 clients since our operation started;
* there was 1 new referral to SEC program and 6 active client using our services;
* 1 client has started new job in January so 2 people were in active employment;
* 1 client has moved to private accommodation;
* 2 clients have been helped to apply for new passports;
* SEC assisted 1 client to open bank account;
* 1 client applied for JSA and we appealed one court decision;
* 1 client started preparation for CSCS exam.
SEC completed 66 sessions in total: 2 therapy sessions, 9 job support sessions and 14 legal advice sessions. We supported 3 people who started to search for employment on open market.