Social Economy Centre News
SEC November 2011 summary for City and Tower Hamlets:
* there were 6 new referrals and 18 active client using available services;
* 13 clients have had stable long-term accommodation;
* 13 people were looking for work and 4 were still working at the end of November;
* SEC made 2 referrals to partner organisations;
* 2 clients applied with SEC for passports;
* 1 client was helped to open bank account;
* 3 clients applied for Jobseeker Allowance;
* 1 client was assisted with his pending 2 court cases.
In November SEC had 318 contacts with their beneficiaries. Our clients attended 88 job support sessions and had 7 interviews. They were also helped with 46 legal advice sessions which were used by 11 active clients. SEC provided 24 therapy meetings for 7 users. There was 1 person who finished SEC program at the end of November.
SEC November 2011 summary for Lambeth:
*SEC has been working with 6 clients since our operation started in Lambeth;
*there was 5 new referrals to SEC program;
*1 client applied for Jobseeker Allowance;
*SEC requested NIN confirmation for one of our beneficiaries.
SEC completed 37 sessions in total: 3 therapy sessions, 14 job support sessions and 8 general legal sessions. We supported 3 people who taken necessary steps to look for employment. Among our beneficiaries in Lambeth borough there were 2 of them who were only referred to SEC and did not use our services actively yet.