Social Economy Centre News
SEC October 2011 summary for City and Tower Hamlets:
* SEC has been working with 23 clients in total from beginning of second year of our project;
* there were 13 active clients in October including 5 new referrals;
* 8 clients have had stable long-term accommodation;
* 12 people were looking for work and 2 were still in employment at the end of October;
* 1 client applied with SEC for passport;
* 1 client was helped to open bank account;
* 1 client upgraded his qualification with health and safety CSCS card;
* SEC helped two clients to complete 3 self-assessments and applied to remove penalties in HMRC;
* 1 working client was booked to use free hostel accommodation but finally he did not take up this offer.
October was much busier period for SEC comparing to previous few months and we completed 191 contacts with our clients. Job support sessions were most active among our users with 54 sessions and interviews provided. SEC also helped 7 clients with therapy during 26 meetings with them and 8 people got legal help during 29 sessions. There was 1 person who finished SEC program at the end of October.
SEC October 2011 summary for Lambeth:
* SEC has been working with 2 clients since our operation started in Lambeth;
* there was 2 new referrals to SEC program.
SEC completed 14 sessions in total: 3 job supports, 3 therapy sessions and 8 general contacts. One of our clients did decide himself do not follow up with our program.